I ran to town with the twins to do some shopping. My favorite produce market is just down the road from Trader Joe's so we went to both. At the produce market we got apples, green bell peppers, bananas, spinach, leafy lettuce, eggplant, onions, yams, sweet potatoes, avocados, grapes, snap peas, yellow squash, zucchini, & nectarines all for $27! Some of these things my kids have never eaten before so it should be interesting getting them to try them. The girls picked the eggplant because they thought it was pretty. :) The only way I've ever prepared it is breaded and fried and since my hubby doesn't care for it I haven't made it in years. Recipe hunting should be fun, if you have any suggestions, please share!
At Trader Joe's we picked up some non-fat Greek yogurt (vanilla & plain), fat free french vanilla half 'n half, pesto, a can of artichoke hearts, a box of quinoa, & a couple of frozen albacore steaks. We all need to step out of our comfort zone now and then, right? I've had tuna in a can but never as a steak, I've never tried pesto or quinoa but bought them because I recently read a couple of recipes that included them that sounded really good. Now I just need to find those recipes again. :) If you happen to remember who blogged them please remind me.
Just for the record, the closest Trader Joe's is nearly 60 miles away from the one I go to. Can you say hella busy?? I just loooove combat shopping with hippies! hee hee
Hubby's flight gets in tomorrow around noon! We are all so excited for him to be home!
Oh and I mailed my food log and diet record back to the office a couple of days ago. I finally got the courage up to call my pcp and request my letter of medical necessity. Gosh I hate making phone calls like that! I also called my podiatrist and got an appointment to get another cortisone shot in in right foot to help with the pain from my plantar fasciitis and bone spur. Go me!
3 comments:
Great shopping finds!! Enjoy all the fresh produce, sounds like you got a nice mix of good stuff there. I have a few quinoa recipes on my blog if you wanna check them out, just saerch quinoa or click on the quinoa tag :) Its good stuff, I hope you enjoy it!
http://Andrea-thekitchenwitch.blogspot.com
I HATE plantar Fascitis...I tore mine. 7 mths in aboot and 5.5 on crutches...just back to walking nnow....arghhhhhh. Your shopping sounds yummy
I wish we had a Trader Joe's near me - sounds like you got some great things.
Post a Comment