Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Being Nice or Sabotage??

I sent hubby to the store last night to get eggs and half & half for this morning. I was having a chocolate craving and gave him a hint, "Hey if you see anything I would like, go ahead and get it." I *thought* he knew what I was talking about. But apparently not. He brought home a bag of my favorite chips. J*uanita's Restaurant style tortilla chips to be exact. (Nacho Dorit*os run a close second in this category.) I love them and all their salty, crunchy, fatty goodness however I have told him time and time again that they are a trigger food for me and they can't be in the house. So I bitched. He swore that when he saw them he thought of me and how much I like them and they were on sale, he was just being nice and getting what he thought I wanted. Big whoop. They are 170 calories per serving and once I start eating them I CAN NOT STOP until the bag is empty.

He pulled out a single dark chocolate Ree*ses PB cup that he'd been saving for himself. And I ate it, but seeing the chips made me crave salt. I popped a bag of microwave popcorn, gave half to Wyatt and sulked. I made him swear to take the chips to work, I watched him stick them in his cooler sized lunch box, but now here I sit at the kitchen island and I can see them on the top of the fridge. Tempting me. Taunting me. Mocking me even.

Damn chips.

I will ignore the damn things. They will not get the better of me. There is a time and place for such indulgences. Today is not that day. My house is not the place.

4 comments:

Sam said...

Ahhh and he thought he was doing a good thing :p

jennxaz said...

lol you ate his last PB cup....my husband and I would have wrestled for it!

Justawallflower said...

UGH, my husband does stuff like this too! Every once in a great while I'll get a craving for a vanilla coke. He'll pick me up a 12 pack! Even if I specifically tell him "just one" he thinks I'm secretly telling him to get a 12 pck! You know what happens if I have a 12 pack? I drink a 12 pack!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I feel you r pain. I hope you were stronger then I usually am.