Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

The lovely Laura at Beer, Dogs, and Getting Healthier has inspired me to finally make a post this week. So here goes my ten things!
1. My husband keeps talking about taking me with him on one of his business trips but can't seem to get it into his thick skull that while I'd love to tag along but with out hiring a temp nanny or something it's not going to happen until the twins are much older. So just shut up about it already.

2. I am really sick and tired of not being able to buy food items for specifically for myself or DH that the kids leave alone. I got a gallon chocolate milk for my run recovery drink - gone in less than a week. I got Chobani yogurt on a great coupon (10/$5) - 9 gone in 4 days, I got 2 and am hoarding the last one. It has more to do with not being able to replace these items right away and I know I'm going to be b#tched at in another day or two that we're out of food.

3. I am so, so, so sick of being broke.  DH and I have big plans for our anticipated tax refund but we always do and we never follow through properly. If we can reduce some cc balances, the payments should reduce as well giving up some breathing room. Crossing my fingers we can stick to our plan.

4. I am well on my way towards my 1000 mile goal, I'm already at 35 miles for this month. :)

5. I started tracking my food & exercise on Myfitnesspal, my name is msarah76 add me as a friend if you use it too!!

6. I found out yesterday that the 10k portion at the Birch Bay Marathon/Half Marathon in Feb has been cancelled. My registration fee refund should be coming shortly, I'm going to roll it over and register for the 15k portion of the Birch Bay Road Race in March. Same course basically but run by different organizations.

7. I ran 10 mile for the first time this past Saturday! 1:56 And I'm really proud of my splits.

                             Lap 1 - 11:25
                             Lap 2 - 11:51
                             Lap 3 - 11:57
                             Lap 4 - 11:58
                             Lap 5 - 11:50
                             Lap 6 - 12:10
                             Lap 7 - 11:38
                             Lap 8 - 11:29
                             Lap 9 - 11:13
                             Lap 10 - 10:49

8. One of the things that may throw off my tax refund plans is that I really, really want to get an elliptical machine or stationary bike so I can do low/no impact cardio on non-run days. I don't need pro gym quality but don't want a tippy, flimsy piece of junk either.


9. It's taken me 3.5 hours to get this far on this post. I have also gathered up & done laundry, baked bread for dinner, thawed & put dinner (baked BBQ country style pork ribs) in the oven, and  refereed some fights.

10. I'm going to do the Shred and maybe a pilates work out today if I ever peel my @ss off this chair and get moving.

Hope your Thursday is going well. :)

Live, Laugh, Love


7 comments:

RockBand Barbie said...

Wow...10 miles??? I am super duper impressed!!

Gunnie said...

Great pace on your 10 miler!! Especially that last mile!! Wow, you have another gear! Great job!!

Ms. M said...

I so hear you on the food issue! There have been times where I swear I want to put all my food in a separate fridge with a lock, lol.

Btw, Mr. Husband's additional tests will be in Bellingham like the last one. I will let you know when we have exact dates... would love to meet up again. :)

Unknown said...

10 miles!? You rock!!!

Laura Belle said...

I have a husband that steals my shit. Drives me nuts. Or when I cook a meal just for me, that will last all week. because I like to plan. Then he eats half. Then I have to cook another meal. ugh.

Great job on the 10!!!

tz said...

congrats on the 10 miles! We found a great elliptical on Craig's List...

Rhonda said...

I'm in the exact same place with my food. We have a separate fridge in the garage for drinks and I keep my special foods out there so no one else sees it on a regular basis. And they're tired of me threatening them with sporks.

Great job with your 10 miles! :)