I made a yummy crock pot chili yesterday and cracked the bag to go along with it. I measured myself one serving of on my scale. I ate them slowly with my chili. Somehow they weren't as good as I remember them being but I still couldn't stop. I must have eaten another 2 servings worth. We'll never know as I didn't make myself measure them. Finally I pushed away from the table and left the room. When I came back 10 minutes later the kids had obliterated them and I was safe. Later on I realized the root of my cravings and inability to resist ... AF is due in a day or two. With the exception of being pregnant this has only happened every month for what, 23 year?? You'd think I'd have caught on by now.
Any way, the kids are off school today due to the snow/ice in the area and they have been driving me nuts. Seeing as today is a "run" day and it's hovering around 15F I decided to hit the treadmill. Once I got into a good groove I didn't want to stop and come inside to the bickering masses so I ended up spending TWO HOURS running. I finally stopped at 11.3 miles total, take off the .10 mile warm up and cool down and you come up with my new PR distanced of 11.1 miles!! And I did the whole thing in 2 hours 4 mins. It was neat to fin out what my treadmill display does when you hit the 100 minute mark...it rolls back over to zeros. I couldn't tell if there was another digit in the display apparently there isn't one. LOL
OK now that I've got some food in mah belly I'm off to sit in an ice cold bath for a little bit. Trying to soothe joints and such from taking such a pounding today.
7 comments:
Thanks for stopping by Sarah. Your family is adorable.
Take care and God Bless!!!
wow! 11 miles is freakin amazing!!!!
Amazing run! Mmmm... We had some chili too!
Cold bath would be torture to me. I don't like being cold. Hope it helped you feel better. :)
Awesome run but no way would I sit in an ice cold bath (no matter how much I hurt)!!
I think there is a kid missing? LOL
Congrats on a new PR!!!
2+ freaking HOURS?!?! You're a stud!
Post a Comment