Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

Laura is doing Ten Tricks Thursday but I think I'll stick to Things...
  1. The weather here has been craptastic since Monday.  Snowy, then warm enough to melt it just a little, then cold so everything is covered in ice, then snow off and on. It made for a harrowing drive to/from the school 2x on Tuesday. 
  2. Wyatt got into a fight on the bus last week and was on bus suspension hence my having to drive him to/from school.
  3. Today is Andy's 43 birthday. He took the day off and is duck hunting.
  4. I haven't left the property since Tuesday afternoon.
  5. The kids haven't gone to school since Tuesday. 
  6. They have been outside playing off and on and in between they bicker & fight.
  7. They have eaten all of their lunch items I had stashed in the pantry. Tomorrow is payday and my traditional grocery shopping day. Looking forward to that. Yeah right.
  8. Just like last Thursday I'm making oven baked BBQ country style boneless pork ribs for dinner per the birthday boy's request.
  9. I was 146.6 first thing this morning. I have lost .6 lbs since my last weigh in. YAY! Moving that scale in the right direction again.
  10. My knees aren't as sore today I was anticipating from yesterday's run. Ice cold water & ibuprofen worked I guess. 

4 comments:

Sam said...

Glad to hear your knee is doing better and I hope the kids don't fight too much while they are away from school :o)

Laura Belle said...

Ice is the worst! We've had such a mild winter....wait scratch that....we've had no winter, that I've forgotten how crappy icy driving is.

Congrats on the loss!! Nice to see that scale moving in the right direction huh?!

Tish said...

Getting to know you. Love your 10 things--a veritable peek into your life. Oh, and I loved the ice bath try from yesterday. I wouldn't have been able to do it either.

Rhonda said...

I'm sooo glad I live in Texas and it only snows once or twice a year (if we're "lucky"!).