I haven't slept well the past couple of nights. This is happening for several reasons. First off, I sleep on my tummy with one arm up under the pillow and the other hand tucked under my chin. My shoulders get sore from this every so often and it's been happening this week. This also causes my hand(s) to fall asleep. It's got to be something pinching in the shoulder because carpal tunnel wrist braces don't help. Waking up with a stiff shoulder and numb/tingly fingers is no fun. Maybe losing weight will help alleviate this.
Secondly, DH and I have been snippy at each other. He's under a lot of stress at work, he's not sleeping well either, his mom just moved in causing me stress, my surgery is rapidly approaching, etc, etc... When we're not getting along it sets my whole world on edge. Need to fix that asap. A good talk should do it.
Lastly, dreams about endless, anxious waiting in a Dr's office for my surgery to be told they "forgot" about me. Going to the wrong office/hospital. Telling off my mother-in-law. Zombies. Going to see my old friend who has cancer. Other strange things I can't quite remember. I know most of them stem from anxiety but I have been know to have dreams "come true". I have a feeling my old friend may not have much longer in this world. Please don't let that be true! *sigh*
My pre-op diet is going well. I'm drinking 2-3 shakes and one meal (dinner) all while sticking to the 870 calories but not eating the recommended frozen entrees. I bought a digital scale and have been weighing my protein before cooking it and using MyPlate on Livestrong.com to track the calories. My TOM (time of the month) started on Monday putting my weight at an inflated 219lbs. This morning I'm down to 211.2 lbs. That's a lot of water!!
Live, Laugh, Love!
5 comments:
Sorry to hear about the dreams :( but I'm glad to hear you are doing well with eating and all that!
Holy crap, that sounds like a lot of stress! Your MIL moving in with you would be a huge topper. Not sleeping well and DH all stressed out is probably making for a bad scene! My advice: (1) medicate. Make sure you sleep well. (2) Take a nice long walk with DH, or do a dinner together or something. Be sure to hold hands and kiss. :-)
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net
My medication last night was a 2 hour long talk with DH. We had just been so tired & stressed we had been passing each other like ships in the night instead of leaning on each other like we should have been. We caught each other up on what we've been dealing with in detail. It really helped. We both slept soundly, strange dreams still. He woke up this morning and told me not to loan out my truck. Truck?? I was roller skating in Italy or some such place last night. LOL We had a good laugh...at 5am.
Life is so much more bearable when the two of us are on the same page.
Stress city :(
Sending you some love and *hugs* for your impending surgery, hoping that you sleep better and a few extra bits of love and hugs 'just because'
*hugs*
Gail xx
http://journeywithslimmingworld.blogspot.com/
Thank you for linking up and adding all of the blog hop details. I've edited your link, to go to this blog post.(I am off for a really good read through your blog now.......)
Post a Comment