Wednesday, August 18, 2010

FUN stuff...Real Hunger/Head Hunger, PB, Sliming, Stuck

I heard about these things on Lap Band Talk and on lots of blogs but I could only speculate what they might actually feel like for me. Here are my experiences so far.

*~*Hunger/Head Hunger*~* I didn't feel real hunger the first week. But I knew I needed calories, so I ate. I was eating to live, not for satisfaction. I'm still not getting hungry at every meal time but again I *need* to eat so I do. I have already experienced the dreaded "Head Hunger". My tummy was fine but my head wanted me to put something in my mouth and I went cruising through the kitchen. I gave in and ate a couple of Ritz crackers, they gave me a funny feeling in my pouch. Like it was saying, "Why are these here? Are you kidding me?" I stopped, filled up my water bottle and moved on.

*~*PB*~* Yup, it's only been nine days and I've already done it. Not pleasant but boy did it make me feel better. I must have been stuck. (Water & chocolate pudding on separate occasions.) All I had to do was bend over and out it came. I've only had it happen at home but I can see how having it happen in public could be a problem.

*~*Sliming*~* I haven't slimed yet, at least I'm pretty sure I haven't. Excessive salivation accompanied by nausea, yes. It resulted in actual vomit spasms. What happened was this; I got up on the 2nd morning feeling a little yuck, I ate a little yogurt and then took an anti-nausea pill. don't think the pill sat well, it may have gotten stuck in my esophagus. I started feeling worse and then my mouth started watering and watering and watering. Silly me swallowed and swallowed and swallowed. Then I full on dry heaved a couple of times. Oh shit that hurt! Then I heaved one more time and up came a bunch of saliva. I felt better but just to be safe I took a swig of the liquid anti-nausea med my pcp prescribed me "just in case" and went back to bed for a couple of hours. Woke up good as new, thank goodness.

*~*Stuck*~* Must have been if I PB'd, right? Got a pain in my back and stomach just before it happened. That's the stuck feeling is it not? Not pleasant at all.

These are all things I hope not to have happen again. I vow to follow the Band Rules of small bites and chew, chew, chew when I moved on to solid food next week!

7 comments:

Fiona said...

Sounds like you are earning your Band stripes lol Hope you feel better soon. It does get better if you're good and sometimes it's a tough learning curve but well worth the effort. I hame nearly 5 months out and still PB and Slime. I need to slow dow. I'm still learning :-)

Good luck you are doing really well.

Pamela E. Williams said...

Oh my! I'm am so hoping none of this happens to me. I don't like the sounds of any of it. Although I do think I slimed once. It was gross as heck.

Christine said...

I've always wondered what PB even means. I'm not up on my banding lingo, which is funny because I was banded a year and a half ago! LOL!

Sarah G said...

PB-Productive Burp, for me I felt like I needed to burp but no air came up.

Jen said...

Oh that definitely sounds like sliming to me, all the crazy saliva. No fun at all. :(

Hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Jenny said...

I hate PB-ing. We all learn!

Amanda Kiska said...

I agree! I consider the saliva sliming. Sometimes it is slimier than others.