Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 3 Post-op

I felt really good on day 1 and wound up over doing it, but who else was going to take care of the dishes, laundry, and feed the kids?? My mother-in-law hung out in the house (doing nothing) until I got up around 10am and then went out to her camper and I didn't see her at all for the rest of the day. In fact I didn't see her at all yesterday either. (Isn't that a spectacular thank you for letting her live here?!)

I spent most of yesterday in bed resting. Only got up to use the bathroom, get water, and/or something to eat, tried to stay up for at least 10 mins but it was tough. Had a bout of nausea and dry heaves first thing in the morning, scary and painful but nothing some broth, a dose of promethazine, and a nap didn't cure. Probably from hunger, I've never been able to skip breakfast.

I'm still having intermittent gas pains in my shoulder, I'm sure if I get up and move some more that will resolve. My incisions are sore but not terribly, I'm already able to sleep on my tummy again.

The most noticeable change so far is getting a pressure feeling like I need to burp but nothing happens. Then I bend over and *braaaappp* I instantly feel much better. I've been consciously trying not to swallow air but it's tough. I really feel like I could handle mushies at this point but I'm not going to go against my Dr's orders so liquids it will be for the next 4 days.

I have tickets to see Craig Morgan at a local casino tomorrow night. I am so excited, I haven't been to a concert in years! Hubby is taking me although country music isn't really his thing.

I have a post-op appointment on Monday morning. Expecting an adjustment around week 4.

Live, Laugh, Love!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yay, sounds like you're doing pretty well!!

Yeah, the gas pains will eventually taper off. Mine were gone right at 2 weeks post-op, though they'd been getting less and less along the way.

Take it easy and hang in there... you'll be back on food before you know it! :)

Island Bandit said...

sucks about the lack of help especially when there's someone there who could do it!!!!
sounds like you're having a really good recovery, though, compared with so many i've read about! keep taking as good care of yourself as you can and you know what.... the dishes can wait a day or two!!!!!

-Grace- said...

Glad you are doing well, Sarah!

VS said...

girl, you're kicking BUTT...my first 2 days were he77 and my 3rd day was still pretty bad. i wasn't up and at 'em until day 4. congrats on a smooth recovery. :)