Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pre-op call in the morning!

I should be getting a call from the air-headed scheduler tomorrow to get the details for my surgery. Yes, that woman has gotten on my nerves once again. Seeing that I am 70 miles away (one way) from their office I chose to have my pcp take care of my EKG and blood work. She made sure to tell me that by doing that I was also taking it upon myself to make sure that the results got back to them. So I had the EKG on July 20th and the labs drawn on July 21st. I waited until July 29th and then called her to see if she had gotten them. I left a message on her voice mail but she didn't call me back. The next morning I emailed her, I called again several hours later because she hadn't responded; voice mail again. This time I transferred to the front desk to see if anyone else could help me. I was told that no one from the "surgery side" was in and that's where my file would be. I then asked if my scheduler was part of that group because she hadn't responded to my call or email. Nope, she's there but on another call at the moment did I want her voice mail? GAHHHH! OK fine. Finally got a call back an hour or so later but I was out of the house. She left me a voice mail saying yes she had the EKG and lab results and that she'd be calling me on Monday for the pre-op stuff. She sounded annoyed, geez lady I didn't want to wait until 5 business days before surgery to find out these things got lost in transit or not sent at all and have to hunt them down in a hurry. EXCUSE ME for being thorough and proactive.

I also get to pay them. *sigh* Not looking forward to those credit card payments but hopefully my insurance won't dick around with paying and I'll get a refund post haste.

Live, Laugh, Love!

4 comments:

Amaris said...

I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow, and waiting for the call as to what time, so I can feel for you! I have things to do today, but am staying close to home until I get the call. Luckily, my surgeon's staff is all good. Hope you get that call soon!

Sandy said...

I too had a moron who did my paperwork. But I found out 12 hours before surgery that she didn't have my labs. Then she found them at 4 pm on a Tuesday afternoon with me scheduled for Wednesday morning. I was really ticked off. She also forgot other stuff. Had to calm myself before surgery-try to forget all the crap and relax. Good luck!

Tina said...

I think most of us suffer from not so organized support staff for our surgeons. Sometimes I wonder if the surgeons realize how incompetent it makes them look by association.

Bonnie said...

I lucked out with my office. They had their shit together. I feel so sorry when I hear stories from my fellow bloggers who have to deal with incompetent and rude staff. Hope things go a little smoother going forward.