Tuesday, August 31, 2010

OK I'll admit it, I'm a scale junkie

I have been weighing myself at random times during the day, everyday the last 2 weeks or so.  I know I shouldn't and I never got the glorious drop I was looking for either. Until last night that is, I've been hovering around 206-7 this whole time, except for last week when I saw 209 one morning. Anyhow, I saw 205 last night, hallelujah! So what if it was 11pm? I finally saw a loss! So what did I do this morning? I stepped back on the scale before I got dressed to go work out. 202.4 holy shit! How did that happen? And I'm right in the middle of my (.). I guess I retain water leading up to it starting then dump it. Maybe? I dunno. Maybe I should only weigh in on Day 2 or 3 of my cycle and save myself some grief.

I have really been wanting to participate in a challenge but didn't want to compete per se. So when I saw that The Anti-Jared had issued the All Losers Challenge which is a personal challenge not a contest I decided to accept the challenge. My goal is to lose 25 pounds by December 31st. That will put me at 177 pounds from my weight today. I think it's fairly realistic, Dec 31st is 17 weeks from now so if I average 1 - 1.5 pounds/week I'll make it! Would you care to join us?

My older kids go back to school tomorrow. OH YEAH! I am so sick of the bickering, fighting, and whining. I know my attitude will change when the homework starts to get intense since they both fight tooth and nail not to do it but for now I'm looking forward to the relative peace and quiet of having just the two 4 year olds with me all day. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, I am on the scale first thing in the morning and before bed. It just keeps me in line I guess. I don't think there are any "rules" as far as the scale goes. Just do what works for you.

Christine said...

You are SO CLOSE to the 190s!!!

Pamela E. Williams said...

Wow congratulations!! I'm somewhat of a scale junkie too. I weighed this morning and was down a pound, YAY!! I think your December date is realistic for the 170s.

Island Bandit said...

i'm a scale junkie too...... i don't let upswings get me down, so it's not a bad thing. i think i'm just fascinated to see the numbers going down, down, down. you're doing great! and good luck on your personal challenge