Here's my story:
Got checked in around 9:15am, went to the waiting room until about 9:25am, got gowned and accessorized and then they let DH come back and wait with me. Doc and Anesthesiologist came around and made the observation that it was 8/9/10 11:12. They sent DH out shortly after and the anesthesiologist gave me a couple of shots that made me woozy. I barely remember them moving me from the gurney to the table, I have a slight memory of having a mask put on me and being told to take deep breaths. The BAM! I'm in the recovery room. After a couple of shots for pain and nausea they got me out of the bed and into a recliner. They then moved me into a private recovery room. DH got to come in then and the nurse had me sip some Crystal Light lemonade, nearly puked so she gave me another nausea shot. Waited a little while and tried another couple sips. Went down well and didn't get nauseous so it was time to get dressed. Pharmacy came in to fill my rx's of promethazine (anti-nausea) and liquid hydrocodone and we were on our way home. I snoozed most of the way, we stopped after about an hour so that I could walk around for 10 minutes per the Dr's orders. Got home a little less than on hour later around 4:30pm.
I pretty much stayed in bed, DH brought me tomato soup, broth, and ice chips. I did get up to use the bathroom and walk around a little every hour or so. Called it a night around 10pm. I slept pretty well all things considered. I woke up this morning in some pain so I took some pain meds and went back to sleep for a little while. I finally got up around 10am. (Mother-in-law was watching kids.)
My tummy and neck are pretty sore but I'm feeling really good otherwise. Already wishing I wasn't stuck on liquids only!
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!
10 comments:
HI Sarah,
Welcome over to the "Bandside". Lol. I've only been banded now for just under 2 weeks so if you have any questions about the early stages just pop on over and ask me.
http://losingitbandit.blogspot.com/
Nikki
Welcome to Bandland!! I'm glad it went well :)
Welcome to the other side!
Glad everything went well.
Sounds like it went well. I'm a month out and ready for my first fill next week. The time really goes fast so don't worry - you'll be on mushies in no time.
Wowser - in and out on the same day! You're a trooper! Make sure you take it easy for the next week and take your pain meds - don't be a hero!
Em :)
Glad you are doing well. Take it easy and rest (while you're not walking).
I'm so glad that the surgery went well! Heal fast and feel better soon!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net
Congrats!!!
Welcome to the other side. You will not regret it!
Congrats on your banding! I hope you have great success! It's an awesome tool to use!
Post a Comment