Thursday, February 10, 2011

6 Month Bandiversary & a Weigh In

Yesterday was my 6 Month Bandiversary! Boy have things changed for the better in the last 6 months. Not just my weight or clothing size either. My confidence is way up and I'm starting to come out of my proverbial shell. I've been pondering how to find a job and become more involved in my community. Our local food pantry is always looking for volunteers but I wasn't sure I could commit to a schedule with my lack of child care. So yesterday when an opportunity presented itself and I jumped on it. I am volunteering to man an aid station for a marathon on Feb 20th! I went to the organizational meeting all by myself and everything!! I never would have had the guts before. Seriously. The lady I found out about this from is on our Chamber of Commerce and knows just about every business owner in our community. I'm thinking once we get to know each other I may be able to find a local part time job through her. See my plan?? Finding a job was one of my New Year's goals...mwah hahaha

As for my weigh in, I was 147 this morning! That's a new low for me now that the post un-fill bounce is gone! I am a mere 4 pounds from the Century mark and 7 pounds from my initial goal! Yee Haw!

8 comments:

Amanda Kiska said...

Wow! You have done so well!

Amanda said...

Woooohoooo!!! You get that job and support your community as well.

Kaycee said...

Almost 100 lbs gone...that is awesome!!!! Keep workin it!

nikki said...

Fabulous girl! ♥

And what a stand-up thing to do! If the world had more people like you!! Congrats!!!!

Dawnya said...

The surgery was so worth it! Especially now that you are feeling stronger in who you are. Congrats on that success.

Bonnie said...

Your weight loss is amazing. Congrats!

Rhonda said...

You're AMAZING! Almost 100 lbs in 6 months? You are rocking that band.

Trina said...

That is awesome. Congratualtions on your loss!