I meant to mention this in my last post and forgot. It's hard to keep my thoughts straight flowing while typing on a tiny keyboard with just one finger!!
Anywho! I didn't work out at all last week. I truly missed it but between the traveling and then cleaning up the disaster I came home too I just didn't have time. I did C25K Week 6 Day 1 on Saturday. My legs felt like lead, I had no energy, it was a run but not a good one. I was going to give myself a couple of days to recover from the band tightness & the associated malnutrition/dehydration but darn it I felt so good this afternoon I decided to get out there and do Week 6 Day 2. I ended up cutting short the 2nd run (of 2) by 5 mins when my breathing got raspy. I wash pushing too hard and I knew it. So I walked it, did the 5 min cool down walk, and then walked one more lap around the block. I probably should have just hone for a brisk walk. My mental ambition was mo match for my body's weakened state which was worse than I anticipated. I'll take more recovery time next time around. Whether I'm recovering from illness or injury, the body must come first.
2 comments:
Any run is good. Kudos to you for trying.
Good for you! It's so easy to talk oneself out of it, but usually just doing it isn't that bad. It'll make next time that much better!
Post a Comment