148.4 lbs this morning. Up a little but not bad considering I snacked like a mad woman for the past week (I think it may be time for a small re-fill.), indulged in ice cream with chocolate sauce on more than one occasion and ate lots of Girl Scout cookies. We got 2 boxes of Samoas, 1 box of Lemon Creme, and 1 box of Trefoils. The Lemon Creme were gone in about 24 hours but I wasn't the only one eating them. We still have one sleeve of Trefoils, the kids will eat them but they aren't a favorite. And the Samoas, aahhhh, the Samoas, are hands down my favorite. We have about 10 cookies left. From here on out they will be strictly rationed and I will only eat them if I have the calories available. Just 2 of those little suckers is 150 calories! (I probably had 5 or 6 the first day.) Oh well, "moderation not deprivation" is one of my little mantras, and once they are gone they are gone. It will be another year before I have store bought cookies in the house again.
I am done with the Couch to 5K program so I guess I can now say that I am a runner! I can run 30 mins straight outdoors, with a distance of a little over 2 miles, well according to the Nike+ app on my iPod Touch anyway. I have my doubts about its' accuracy which is why I am super duper to get my Garmin Foreunner 305 today. C'mon Fed Ex man! I want to get my run on today before it gets dark! I'm going to start working on adding distance with a goal of being able to run 5k with out stopping to walk.
I volunteered at an Aid Station at the 43rd Annual Birch Bay Marathon last Sunday and was truly inspired by the runners. Our station was 2nd to last on the marathon route (they also had a half marathon on a different loop) so they were the folks I saw. The one that stands out most was a gentleman in his 70'sor 80's, his pace was slow but he finished! Amazing!
My heart goes out to those affected by the earth quake(s) in New Zealand!
Have a great week everyone!
7 comments:
Fantastic on your running accomplishments. I wish I had a buddy local to run the C25K program with. Anywho, you look fabulous and congrats on your NSV!
Congrats on finishing the C25k program. I plan to start once the snow starts melting here in Minnesota!
Great job on finishing C25k!! That's awesome!
ACK! Girl Scout cookies are EVIL! LOL Congrats on the C25K! You rock!
Great job on the C25k!! I ran a couple of 5ks a few years back, I'm looking forward to doing one again when I can run again!
Holy smokes..you are doing great!!!! I saw your pants comparison post...and your side bar...fantastic. I need to read your blog for insight and tips.
Way to go...good job on the C25k!!
Post a Comment