I'm about 10 lbs shy of my initial goal weight. I think I look pretty good and I feel fabulous where I am now. I had already been thinking about it a little but I saw my step-dad today for the first time in several weeks and he told me he didn't think I needed to lose any more. So I started talking to my husband about it. He thinks I look great and I should switch into maintenance mode, he's already talking tummy tuck in a few years when we can afford it. I think 140 lbs is attainable, I just don't know if it maintainable with out extra effort. I'd kinda like to see what it looks like too. What do you think? How does one decide when they've gone far enough?
I was looking at some my stats today.
Height: 5'1"
Peak weight: 243 lbs bmi: 45.9 morbidly obese
Banded weight: 213 lbs bmi: 40.2
Weight now: 150 lbs bmi: 28.3 overweight
I was wearing size 22/24 pants & 3x tops, and now I'm wearing 12's on the bottom and Large or XL on top. I'm still in shock myself! I still don't quite have my head wrapped around my "new" body, I still do a double take when a I catch a glimpse of myself passing a mirror.
9 comments:
Now that I'm into size eight pants I know how you feel. It's cool but sometimes disconcerting.
Personally I think the BMI is bs. Muscle is denser than fat. I wish insurance companies would get a clue there.
Congrats by the way.
I think it is when you start feeling ok with your body and what the scale says... and for me, holding up my pants and finally NOT thinking "wow, that's a big butt". It wasn't till I was in a size 6 that I thought that. Even the size 8 didn't.. but when I put on those 6's the first time I actually stood in the dressing room and cried.
I am 5'3".. acording to the charts my weight should be 125 - 141.. or close to that. I've been hovering around 141 for the last few months and I'd like to be around 130-135. Mostly so I have some room. I found out yesterday that 145 is just too high mentally as it REALLY bothered me and I got my butt to the gym pronto!
I don't go by what other people say.. they are used to seeing me at 240 and especially if they haven't seen me in a while they think I am super skinny. I'm not. I'm not fat, but I have fat in places and other stuff that I want to tone up. I also know it's going to take a hell of a lot of work to get down to 130 or even 135. I've always had a hard time breaking through those round numbers.. I was at 160 for like 4 months or more. Now that I know I'm close to the chart weight it's going to take some extra effort to bust of those last 10 lbs or so.. and I'm sort of just trying to get used to being the size I am right now.
Also.. I'm sick of the Wii telling me I'm overweight lol. But then it calls me an amature too ha ha!
Wow!!! Yay you!!! I'm no expert but I don't think you should put too much emphasis on the numbers. It's an inner health and energy thing as much as anything else. Something I am truly lacking right now. You've proven one thing for sure - anything is possible if you want it bad enough. :)
I think only you can answer when enough is enough. Sounds like you'd like to know what 140 looks like.
I agree with Bonnie. However...I am really happy for you. 10lbs away!
You're awesome - wherever you decide to stay you'll look fantastic! :)
I agree with Bonnie and Amanda - only you can answer when enough is enough - I know I want to get to 140 only because I want the bmi scale to finally say "normal weight" but maybe when I get to 150, I will decide that's where I want to stay but I have 44 pounds to loose before I even get there !!
Congrats on getting to 141 - how wonderful is that :)
I think the moment you can geniunely say...WOW I love me...then you are there. It doesn't matter what others feel or think. It is totally about your joy and happiness. BTW congrats on your loss.
I am right there with you, Sarah.
It has also occurred to me that the extra skin may mean that I weigh heavier than I imagined I would.
I think that when my current eating and exercise stops producing weight loss again I'll consider my self "done". Right now I'm still losing very slowly, but I can't imagine I will go down another 10 lbs.
Post a Comment