Sunday, February 13, 2011

Final Words

After some soul searching and a little help from my husband here is how I responded to the molester:

"It's something I've been dealing with for 30 years and you had probably forgotten all about it. Beyond telling you that it has had a lingering negative psychological effect on me there is nothing to talk about. I only wish I had come forward at the time because predators like you don't deserve life outside prison.

Don't EVER contact me or my family again"


6 comments:

Something About Kellie said...

Very well put. I am very proud of you for being able to face this the way you have.

Amanda said...

I agree with Kellie. Very well put. Stand firm!

Pamela E. Williams said...

Well done!

~Sandi @ This one time at 'band' camp... said...

Awesome! Well done!!! xx

Leah said...

I stopped by to thank you for stopping by my blog. Oh my. I am so sorry for the burden and scars you've carried so many years.

I think you handled the friend request very well. Thank the Lord for husbands who stand by us and give us the strength to face up to people like that.

I agree that men, even boys, who do that need to be reported and I can only imagined you were so terrified to do so at the time. My heart goes out to you and other young girls who have been through this.

Steph said...

I don't know if you hve followed my blog, byt my molester was my father for 9 years of my life and he is not in jail either. if you need to talk to an objective, understanding person email me at sjoy1972@gmail.com

I like to think I can help you have peace in our life. I am SO proud of you!