For breakfast I had my coffee w/ half and half and then a bowl of instant oatmeal w/ a little margarine mixed in. Waited an hour and started drinking my water. While shopping at Costco, a good 4 hours after breakfast, I ate a couple of samples (wild rice and a small piece of a veggie breakfast sausage). On the way home mil wanted to stop at Wendy's. I ordered a small chili but didn't eat until after we got home and unloaded since I was driving. I ate about 1/3 of the chili and about 10 fries from Punky's McD Happy Meal. I had dinner 3+ hours later and that consisted of 1/2 of a Kirkland turkey burger patty dipped in BBQ sauce, a small iceberg lettuce salad, and Wheat Thins. I ate 1/4 of the patty, a couple bites of salad, & a couple crackers and had to stop. I set it aside and waited about 20 minutes and even though I didn't feel hungry I ate another 1/4 of the patty because I knew I needed to protein and calories. A few hours later I snacked on a string cheese stick, handful of grapes, a couple of strawberries, and a cup of hot cocoa before going to bed. Not all at once mind you and I was drinking my water during this time too.
After logging everything (except the samples) on My Daily Plate I see that the calorie count is a bit low at 800 cals. I haven't logged everyday this week but my eating each day has been similar, I think. I'm definitely going back to logging everything for a while. Should I shoot to add 200 more calories in? How many calories is too few?

3 comments:
I've always been told that 1200 calories is a safe number - not too high and not too low. I commend you for sticking with 800 calories, but you might want to bump it up a tad bit. There's no way I could make it on 800 calories, but that's just me. :)
Hey it just ate my comment! Boo!
Anyways, what I said is that it all depends on your body. Mine seems to like a varied intake between 800-1100 calories. I also have one "spike" day every few weeks where I try to get in upwards of 1300-1500cal. It seems to keep my metabolism guessing and has kept me steady at an average of 2 pounds per week since the start of the year. :D
Play with your intake and figure out what works best for you! :)
I've always worked on the 1200 cal rule. I find if I drop too low then I blow out a little after 3-4 days, so I aim for 300 cals for breakfast/lunch/dinner and two 150 cal snacks in between.
Post a Comment