I'm never sure where I should start when asked how much weight I have lost. Do I start with my all time high from 1 year ago? Or where I was when I started my quest to be banded? Or where I was at my first surgeon consult? Or where I was when I was finally banded? My ticker starts at the beginning of my quest. I have decided to put it all on paper, so to speak, so that I can get it straight in my head...
Highest: 243 lbs (Sept '09)
Quest start: 232 lbs (May '10)
First Consult: 223 lbs (June 4, '10)
Banded: 213 lbs (Aug 9, '10)
Current: 193 lbs
Wow, I am 50 lbs down from my all time high! I really hadn't done the math until now. WOW! Go me!! Think I'll finally ditch the size 22/24 underwear I've been wearing since then and go get some new ones today.
On a another note...I don't know if it's the weight loss or better nutrition but my leg and arm pit hair seems to be growing faster. Quite annoying as shaving is something I'd rather do less often. Anyone else experience this?
11 comments:
I like math, especially when it validates hard work and commitment. Celebrate with new underwear, yes indeed. As far as the arm pit hair, I have no thoughts.
Nice Blog!
Thanks Patrick!
I always start from the most recent recommitment to weight loss. :-) As for the hair... that sounds like a hormonal thing to me. Could have to do with all the changes going on; so maybe a good thing? ;-)
My official date was when my info was submitted for insurance, which also coincided with my Nutrition Evaluation. As for the faster growing hair, that's always been a problem, thanks to PCOS. Oy!
I decided to go with the weight at the start of my pre-op diet. It's pretty close to highest, but I don't remember exactly what/when that is. I work better when dealing with concrete facts.
I've been doing a lot of thinking about goal rewards will be for me, and I think laser hair removal is one of them! I also hate hate hate shaving, and will avoid until it's really unavoidable anymore :)
AWESOME!
Eating a diet rich in B vitamins and protein help with hair growth. Having made recent changes (aka no more antidepressants or bc pills) even with my very healthy diet my hair is falling out in spades.
I've lost about 20lbs since June. I just had to buy new underwear. Something has to hold up these droopy boobs! (aging sucks)
My hair is falling out big time. I started taking Biotin to see if that helps with the re-growth. It sure can't hurt.
I use my weight at the start of this banding process which is lower than my highest - but I too have struggled with just which number to use where. Eventually I just had to pick one and go with it. I've got nothing on the hair thing other then that's totally annoying but if it is related to all this, then I guess it's a small price to pay?? Anyway - keep it up, you're doing great!!
I used my weight at the start of my 90-day insurance-required diet, which also happens to be my top non-pregnant weight ever (I was only a few pounds shy of my top pregnant weight, though, so it's all about the same).
I've had several bouts of head hair loss since the start of the year, but I know by now that it always grows back. I had head hair loss after both my kids were born too, so I don't stress too much about it now.
My body hair seems to go on opposite cycles from my head hair loss. I'm not particularly fuzzy, but it does seem to grow in faster in cycles based on my diet. Bodies are so weird!! LOL
Way to go, Sarah! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!
That's fantastic progress, well done. I love the way it looks when it's all written down too! Give your self a pat on the back.
I didn't realise there would be a change in hair growth (yikes!!!)
Post a Comment