Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Fill!

Restriction? I now has it! Turns out I already had 3ccs in my band (The smaller of the two Allergan bands.) the nurse added 1.5 more. Boy I tell the difference! After the appointment the Hubster and I met up with my future sister-in-law at a mall nearby for lunch and a little window shopping. We ate at Claim Jumper (I'd heard of it but I'd never been before.) I ordered a small cup of their Steak & Black Bean Chili. Ate about 1/4 of it then stole one of Hubby's fries & a pretty small one at that. Band said "Are you kidding me?" I said, "I'm sorry I won't do that again." About 10 minutes later he/she finally relented and I felt better. No sliming, no PB, just an uncomfortable feeling. Lesson learned, thank you! Yesterday I could have eaten the whole cup of chili and a couple of fries with no problems.

The fill itself wasn't bad, the nurse didn't numb the skin or anything just jabbed that big ole honker of a needle in my port and went to town. I have another appointment next Thursday which of course I can cancel if I think I don't need it. I also made one for Sept 6 at the satellite office closer to my house. 

In other fabulous news, I weighed-in (dressed in a t-shirt, light weight yoga style pants, bra, undies, and socks) at 200.2 lbs! I would have been in Onederland if I'd been naked! According to the official records  that puts me a total of 23 pounds down since my initial consult (June 4th), almost 8 of which came off in the 3 weeks since my post-op follow up (Aug 16).  I am rockin' my band and I couldn't be happier about it.

Live, Laugh, Love!

Oh yeah I got ambushed by a salesgirl at a flat iron kiosk at the mall and this was the result:
My oldest daughter said I look creepy. LOL

4 comments:

nikki said...

First of all; you look great! Love the hair ;)

So glad your first fill went well and that you could tell a difference. I'm glad the fill didn't hurt; I was concerned. [and a big baby ;)]. After the fill, can you tell there's a restriction w/o eating? or only after you eat? Your soooo close to ONEderland; how EXCITING!! WAY TO GO GIRL!

Amanda said...

I agree! You look great! Glad to hear the first fill was not big deal. Did they give you any liquid diet restrictions after the fill??

-Grace- said...

I love your hair! Awesome work!! You are a rockstar!

Sarah G said...

Lynne-I could only tell I had more restriction after I ate. The water the nurse had me drink went right through, as it should.

Amanda-She told me to stick with soft foods for a day or two.