Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thousand Word Thursday - Sept 9


The subject this week is something in our home that is special to us. This is my curio/knick knack/ memory shelf. It has a little bit of everything on it. My childhood piggy bank, my childhood giraffe mug (and larger, newer versions I found as an adult need a monkey to complete the set), pictures of me going back to my senior year in high school, a pic of my two younger bros in high school, a pic of the twins at about 18 months old, a poem my oldest daughter wrote and framed in 1st grade, carousel horse snow globes that were gifts, animal figurines from The Hubster's childhood, among other things. I don't care what the rest of the decor is in the rest of my house, this shelf and its' contents will always have a place on the wall.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's beautiful! I have a curio cabinet in the corner of my dining room that I put our collectibles in. Our treasure every one of them. :)

Christine said...

I like that pig piggy-bank!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Aw super cute!