Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Insurance...grrr
There was 3 bills from my surgery. Anesthesia, Hospital, and Surgeon. All were submitted to my insurance, UHC, very close together, 2 were paid in short order. Can you guess which one is being held up? Yup, the one from the surgeon, the one I had to pay out-of-pocket up front, the one I need desperately to be paid so I can get my refund so I can pay down the credit cards I charged it on. Long irritating story short UHC wants an operative report before making their determination. It's been a week since I called UHC and got the details as to what was holding up the claim. Monday, yesterday, was when the office manager said she'd get the report sent out. If she really did send it out yesterday she must have mailed it because they still don't have it. *sigh* Why me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I sure hope they hurry the heck up for you. ;)
I had surgery Aug 19th and all of my claims are still "pending" for about 3 weeks now. I am starting to stress over them not being paid.
I feel your pain, but the bill I am waiting on is the big one from the hospital! My surgery was June 14th and I have a 20% copay, so the amount due won't be insignificant. The surgeon and anasthes. have been taken care of, thankfully!
:( That sucks.
I agree with Bonnie!! I hope it gets fully resolved as soon as possible!!
Our current system of insurance sucks wide. You have my complete empathy. Insurance companies make me want to punch things. Smirk.
It's the pits for sure. I hope it gets resolved quickly!
Sending you a ton of positive vibes and prayers! *Hugs*
Ugh that makes me cringe just reading that. UGH.
Post a Comment