OMGoodness! I have never had so much hair fall out of my head so quickly in my life except for after my first pregnancy. I'm still using the same elastics as always and have gone from 3 tight twists to 5-6! No one else can tell probably but I can see where it is very thin along the hair line around my face. I am so, so, so tired of filling up my brush every time I use it, raking out handfuls every time I wash it, and finding 2 foot long strays tangled up in and stuck to everything. Even when I know it's my own hair it grosses me out.
I know it's caused by my weight loss and I know it will slow down and eventually go back to normal but until then I've decided to cut a significant amount of length off. I have less volume now and it's falling out so fast the ends are ragged/unkempt looking. Hubby loves my extra long, curly brown locks, calls it my Rock Star hair but understand my need to cut it. (He himself was kinda grossed out pulling a very long hair out of his sweater in a work meeting the other day.)
Now comes the hard part... I know I want it long enough to be pulled into a ponytail but what shape do I want? Layers? All one length? What's good for the new shape of my face? I know I don't want to mess with hairdryers and/or flat irons. There's not much you can do with curly hair as far as everyday wash and go styling but I want a fresh start, ya know?
Medium like Melina Kanakaredes?
Short like this shot of Charlize Theron?
What do you all think?
6 comments:
Hate to point this out but hair loss also comes with aging....( I found this out a few years back). I hope that your hair loss is only temporary tho! My opinion~medium. :o)
Hair loss definitely comes after pregnancy, had my baby 2 weeks ago and am waiting for the hair loss to kick in :(
First off, no offense to the flat-iron group, but YAY FOR CURLY HAIR!!! I have natural hair and always love when people wear their hair curly. A teen at church is dying for me to flat-iron my hair and let her style it..I told her maybe someday, but it will not become a regular habit for me. =D
Anyway, I like the medium cut with some long layers if you're going to want to pull it back. The short is cute too, so it's up to what you're going to want out of it.
Is the loss due to losing so quickly? I haven't noticed hair loss, but I've taken almost two years to lose 50 pounds.
Have fun getting your hair done and I hope the losing ends soon in the hair department.
Don't ask me about hair! I just cut all mine off. :) Makes getting ready in the morning a breeze though.
Sorry about the hair loss. I was fortunate not to have that problem. Hope yours stops VERY soon!
I love the look of the short but I understand how scary cutting your hair can be! I have long straight hair and am too chicken to cut it anytime soon..... maybe at goal I would consider it.
:)
I would say medium so you can still put it up. :) I, too, am suffering through the hair loss and only three months in! I hope it gets better for both of us!!
Post a Comment