Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Revisited My "Last Supper"

                                                     Image borrowed from Bob's Burger's & Brew.

We took the family out to eat at a local burger joint on Saturday night. After a little debate in my head for old times sake I ordered their guacamole bacon burger sans bun. It was what I chose for my last big meal pre-surgery only I got it with the bun. It's a 6oz burger patty, lettuce, tomato, swiss cheese, guacamole, & 3 slices of bacon and I chose fries as my side. The portion of the fries is ridiculous, I split them between the Twinkies and neither one finished. Anyway, prior to surgery I ate the entire burger and all the fries all by myself, it filled me up but not uncomfortably so. That night I scraped 2/3 of the guac off and gave it to Lydia, 'cause she loves that green stuff! LOL I ate maybe 1/4 of the burger, 3 small fries, and one small bite of an onion ring. Even though I thought I stopped in time after I sat there for a few minutes I got the too full feeling. Ugh. I held it together until I got outside and then Obi made his displeasure obvious. Not the first time I've been thankful to have a big vehicle to hide behind while pb-ing. Double ugh.

My thoughts about this experience.

On ordering it:
It felt a little wrong.

On eating it:
It was better as a memory.

On future outings:
Try something new and a little more band friendly!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Ahhh yes, I love those moments when you order something and then you regret it because you know it's not going to work out.

Tina said...

oh those burgers are my nemesis. I have yet to be able to have more than a bite without a pb (or stuck) episode shortly after. They are the only food still on my cannot eat list :(

the picture was so wicked food port for me though :)

xxxooo

Tina said...

sheesh..make that food porn.

xxxooo

Beth Ann said...

Good story! And such a good point that I need to keep in my mind.