Thursday, March 24, 2011

Taking a Roadtrip!

I was invited by a new friend (the gal I do Zumba with) to accompany her to Yakima to watch her daughter play college softball this weekend. All I have to pay for is any meals we have out. She's driving us and we'll stay at her parents' home, who happen to be out of town. Sweet! I am looking forward to getting a little break from the whole fam damily. It's just what I need right now, it's been almost 3 months since hubby had his foot surgery and he's finally recovered enough to where me leaving for a couple of days isn't going to be an unbearable burden for him to step up and handle. I know the house will be a disaster and nothing will have been done "my way" when I get back but I don't care. I'm not even going to worry about it. :) We're leaving tomorrow (Friday) morning and we'll head back early Sunday.

She's also asked if I would consider being the downhill runner on her Ski to Sea team as her daughter has a back injury and probably won't be able to do it. It's 8 miles, down Mount Baker Highway dropping 2200 feet in elevation. I told her to put me on her reserved list and I'd work on my distance running. :) Whoa  momma, what did I just agree to?!

See ya'll on Monday. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

6 comments:

Kiwigirl said...

Have fun! The ski to sea sounds like a great challenge - you'll kill it!

Amanda said...

WOWser. What a fabulous challenge! You should do it. Have a great weekend!

Rhonda said...

That sounds like an awesome challenge. I'd like to do something like that eventually! :)

Have fun with your friend!

Liz said...

That sounds like a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wow, fun weekend!! I hope you enjoy yourself and have some time to chill out & relax.
The run sounds like a challenge, but from your reading your blog I bet you will go fantastically! :-)

Beth Ann said...

Sounds like a nice fun weekend. Enoy! And yay for the race...that sounds hard, but fun too!