Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday, Goal Revision, Family Update

So I weighed 144.4 lbs this morning. Up 2. Eh, whatever. As far as I'm concerned I'm at goal. Though I still haven't actually seen 140 on the scale I don't think I need to. I'll be happy with any number under 145. I feel great & I look fantastic, excess skin be damned! So off I go into maintenance mode.

I started doing Zumba two weeks ago! I went to an introductory class which was enough to make me like it. This gal charges $10/class drop-ins, $40 for a 5 class punch card, or $70 for 10 classes but her schedule is very limited. Then I found out about the wife of my husband's co-worker putting on her own class at their refurbished barn. For free. She and her friend are not certified instructors but they have the materials their old instructor gave them when she left town. I did accompany them to a more formal class lead by a Columbian lady named Lilliana (Coincidentally she & I were bank tellers together about 6 yrs ago, but we weren't close friends.) at a martial arts studio in town on Monday night. I swear she has springs in the little hips and knees! I've never seen a bouncier person! Her routine was fun and very fast paced. They are going to another of her classes tonight, I might go depending on how I feel later. I had a really rough day yesterday, woke up nauseated with muscle aches that went on all day accompanied by being extremely tired all day too. I thought it was the flu for sure but I feel much better today. Thank goodness!

I'm still running every other day. I make sure to get in  3.1 miles or more of actual running and if I have time walk to make the whole work out at least 5 miles. I really look forward to my runs. Not just for the exercise but for the solitude it affords me. Here's a funny from my run last weekend. One of my neighbors invited herself along, much to my chagrin. Historically though she is a walker of our neighborhood loop, not a runner but she swore she could do it.. I was already running when she came out and attempted to come along. I was running a steady pace, she passed me but not for long and she started walking. I passed her, she ran again, Rinse, repeat a couple more times. I take a slightly longer route than her norm as I take the little spur out towards the main road to add a little extra mileage to each lap. This is where I thought I'd gotten away from her finally, she turned back into the loop & I went straight. I completed the spur and turned back into the loop, thinking we were a good 1/2 mile apart now. But no, when I am 1/4 of the way back around the loop and here she comes again catching me from behind, ON HER BICYCLE. BWAHAHAHAHA

We went as a family to the vet on Friday, though Hubby was the only one with Jessie when she passed. The vet said it was her knee that was out not her hip but still not something readily fixable. My greatest fear about the whole thing was that they would try to talk us out of letting her go and instead try to treat the problem which we quite frankly couldn't afford to do. The little girls seem rather unaffected by it, Hubby and Holly get weepy, and Wyatt flat out cries over her still. "Still" that seems so harsh, it's only been 5 days. I catch myself thinking I see her out of the corner of my eye, especially when the girls are getting wild I because I always cautioned them to loo out for her and when the cat knocks the back door open I hurry to close it so she won't get out. I can't bring myself to throw away the last of her kibble either. *sigh*

4 comments:

Amanda Kiska said...

Maybe you can donate the food to an animal shelter or friend with a pet? I hate to think of it going to waste. I'm sorry about your pet.

Great job with your maintenance! You rock!

Rhonda said...

HA, she sounds a little competitive, huh?

I'm sorry about Jessie's absence, but I agree with Amanda - donating the food sounds like an amazing idea.

Kiwigirl said...

Your neighbour sounds crazy! Congratulations on moving to maintenance. I know you will be missing your dog. Hang in there.

Beth Ann said...

Free Zumba? Sweet!

Sorry about Jessie. That is just never easy. Hugs!